Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dramatic Evening

Well, today did not go how I had planned. I had planned to be a good Susie Homemaker and do all the laundry, go to the grocery store, and end the day with great healthy meal with a new recipe to share on my blog. God had different plans it seems. I got a phone call at about 4 pm that the alarm at the store was going off and that police were not responding because apparently my permit is up?? So against my will, I drove all the way down to Fort Worth to check it out on the off chance it had been burglarized. Low and behold when I arrived, the door was open, and broken, and the tv had been taken of the wall and was laying on the floor face down. I called the police and waited forever, well actually about 40 minutes, for them to come. They arrived and went in with their hands on their weapons (thats what you are supposed to call them right? not guns?) and had a looksie. No one was there, so I came in to see the damage. I think that I have seen too many police movies and tv because what followed was not what I expected at all. They proceeded to ooh and aah over the bathtubs and fans and occasionally ask me a pertinent question regarding the robbery. Dang! I was so let down. I was expecting to have dusting for fingerprints and checking for clues but there was really not much of that. They did take a fingerprint off the door (and not the tv that the crooks had for sure touched) and then told me to have a nice evening and that they would like to come back and buy stuff.

So now I am waiting for my dh to return with a chain and a padlock because after waiting since about 5:30 the locksmith called back to say that there was really not much he could do, and to get a chain. So here it is 8pm and I'm hungry, irritated and anxious to get out of here. Oh well... I guess I don't have to cook now?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, that was GREAT FUN!!!

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

When we got robbed, all the cops could ask was whether or not Zora was there when they broke in?
I can't believe you didn't have a lock and chain stowed away in your car. ;)