Well I think everyone knows by now but in case you haven't heard - We lost the baby. I had a D&C last Friday after finding out from the doctor on Thursday that my HCG pregnancy hormone had dropped. It was very hard and still is but I'm recovering, mentally and physically. According to the doctor the reason for the miscarriage is what is called a Blighted Ovum - pretty common with PCOS people. Today I am focusing on the future - and looking at this as an opportunity to improve things before becoming preggers again. We can try again in 3 months to make a baby and I'm really looking forward to that. In the mean time I am excited about what I can do right now. I'm focusing on my opportunity to exercise and eat well and loose weight. We still have our membership to Lifetime Fitness and I intend on putting it to good use. Now more than ever I need to loose weight and I think I am more motivated than ever before - its no longer simply vanity but my health, the health of my child and my future with my family.
So I am back at work today - my 1st full day back. This weekend we are going to New Braunfels to visit my newly Diabetic mom and pop. It will be good to get away and spend time with the fam. Other good news - I died my hair. I should say Ashley dyed my hair. She finally broke me down and convinced me that the blond highlights are a thing for teeny boppers. So as a result I am now a sassy brunette and I like it - it looks more like me.
Jay and I had our 4 year anniversary yesterday and there ain't nothing that says lovin' like Red Lobster... I love it and I just don't care what you think. We hung out with the bra-less grannys and screaming kids and ate shrimp and loved it! We went to Saint Emilion on Saturday night for our fancy Anniversary dinner. Jay picked it out and its my new favorite. Its a small quaint french country restaurant in Fort Worth, just down the street from my showroom. We had escargot and rabbit and all things french. I highly recommend it!
I'll blog more about my weight loss and how that is going soon. I am joining Weight Watchers again so that combined with the gym should get me somewhere. I'll also post pics of my new brunetteness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
We love you guys and will be praying for you and all things involved in this process. I wish I had words to help the hurt go away, but there are no words. We know the pain, but also know that it is different when it is you going through it. If there is anyting we can do please let us know!
I want to see the hair!
I found your blog through Catherine's blog. I love to read other people's blogs even though I am not quite cool enough to make one myself. I want you to know that I am praying for you and Jay and look forward to what God has in store for you. I can't wait to see this brunette sassiness you have going on. I hope you continue to post to your blog because I am always looking for new blogs to read. Luvya, Laura
Post a Comment