Monday, March 10, 2008

H-Town and 4th appointment

We had a lovely time in Houston this weekend... We drove down Friday night to see brother Sansabutt and got there at about 11:30pm. I, of course, was dead to the world for about 3 hours on the trip - I get so tired! We started the next morning with breakfast then went to the Museum of Fine Arts... What a great museum! We started with the Pompeii exhibit - very interesting and sobering. They had casts made out of plaster of where people died, capturing the moment of death. They also had the rings, bracelets, coins, silver, that the people wore and carried as they tried to escape.

My other favorite display was of a Japanese photographer, Miwa Yanagi. She uses photography and digital editing to create these really beautiful series. My favorite was her series on Grandmothers... very creative.

Then we got to meet Thia!! We visited Carl and Amber at their cute house in Kingwood - much prettier burbs than in Dallas. We grilled fajitas and played with the baby - so fun! She didn't love me at first, in fact, there was some crying as soon as I picked her up. (Which of course made me convinced that I would be a horrid mother.) She did however love Jay instantly and that was really cute. She warmed up to me by the next morning and smiled her face off. Soooo cute.

So that brings me back here. We drove back yesterday afternoon and I prayed the whole way about the baby... that it will be safe, healthy, that it will have faith, that Jay and I will be good parents. We went to the doctor this morning hoping to hear the heartbeat and didnt. Its such a stressful and confusing time. It does look like I have PCOS - it was pretty much confirmed by my blood test and the sonogram she did of my ovaries, but the baby "fetal pole" is still measuring about the same as last week, but the sack has grown. The PA said she wasnt worried, but went ahead and checked my blood again for hormone levels. They poke me every week and I'm starting to get track marks. :) Please pray that we hear the babies heartbeat next week!!

No comments: