Its been a crazy year so far, that's all I can say! Since my last entry some things have come up. I found out Tuesday morning that Baba will have to have triple bypass open heart surgery. Wham! Before that, we found out that Misti's sweet grandparents, Nani and Pawpaw got hit by a drunk driver. A 17 year old who had a bac of .17. As a result, Misti's sweet sweet Nani is on life support and the prognosis looks grim. Wham! Ashley's dad is having some surgery this month too for a crazy, gone haywire sinus infection that has gone into his bone. I didn't even know that could happen! Wham!
I'm getting ready to be away from work and home while taking care of Baba after his surgery. The timing is not so good with work considering some of the changes going on this month with personnel and policy changes. But of course, that is the last thing I am worried about. Family is so much more important. The only thing I can guess is that God is working on me and strengthening my faith. I suppose that's what I get for asking for guidance and faith. He doesn't just "Poof!" give it to you, he grows it in you.
But lets look at the positive... I am super blessed with amazing friends, a fantastic family and the best husband that I could ever dream of. We are financially secure. We are growing in the Lord. I have a job that will allow me to be away and care for my family. My hair looks fantastic with my new sassy hair cut and color. Wow! I have so much to be thankful for! (So stop your griping, Jules!)
So keep everyone I mentioned in your prayers please.
BTW - I only lost .8lbs last week but I guess that is better than gaining .8lbs. Look! I'm being positive! This week I expect much better results. I have been doing a much better job at controlling myself and eating well. Ashley made the best baked pasta last night that I have ever had! I am going to examine the recipe and get points calculated for it and post it here. I haven't been as ambitious as originally planned in the area of foodie-ness since all this mess has been going on. But things will normalize and I will!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really enjoyed reading your blog entry. It is great that you are being so positive...I especially like that you mentioned your hair. I laughed so hard, Chris asked me what I was doing!! Keep staying positive...maybe some of your positivity will rub off on others like me!
JULIE-my when it rains...You and everyone are in our prayers. Please keep us updated on Baba's progress.
I know the Lord is working in you and Jay just through your words.
We love you guys!
Post a Comment