Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Photo Trade

So I have been looking at Jen's Becoming a Foodie blog and her associated photography blog and found this photo exchange. I have wanted to get more in to photography for forever... I've tried to take a class but havent found any. So I take pictures that I think are pretty and "artsy", and thats it. The photo exchange is where they give an assignment and you take a picure and send it to your assigned partner... you can also see the submittals on the website link to the left.

I almost didnt sign up because... well because. I am so far from a pro its not funny. Also I have a crappy camera by most standards. But I figured nothing ventured, nothing gained. So we'll see how this goes.

Misti is coming in today from San Antonio - we're having a mini girl weekend. Very spur of the moment. Our plan is to lay around tomorrow in the back yard, get some sun, and play in the baby pool. Very W.T. of us but that never has held us back in the past. We're sad that Amanda can't be here so in a fit of inspiration I painted a beach mat that I had bought at Big Lots last week in her likeness. Its hilarious, but this way it is like she is here with us. Ashley took this picture last night when she got it home. We took down one of my photos to make room on the wall. I know what you're thinking, I got a little carried away with one of her (ahem) attributes. If you must know, I drastically overdrew one side, so had to balance the other, hence the busty outcome. Hee hee.

No comments: