Dh and I had a trip to Austin this weekend to visit Jim and Mary. I forget how lovely
Austin is and how much I enjoy it. The weather was truly beautiful... I know that is kind of a grandma thing to say but its true! We had a great time visiting and shopping and eating really yummy food. I really wanted to start sharing food ideas so now I am going to but the two I have to share today I cannot take credit for.
First, I believe that the most important salad of our time was created by Aunt Stacey. Aunt Stacey is Ashley's fabulous aunt that lives in Austin (see there is a theme) and always has the most fabulous of foods on hand. It goes like this...
Aunt Stacey's Fabulous Sass Salad
1/2 bag Baby Spinach
1/2 bunch Chopped Cilantro
lots o feta
sliced almonds
thinly sliced purple onion
Sisters Sass Sesame Garlic dressing
Its not too difficult but dang is it yummy!!! Of course you can add other items if you like. For example, Ashley likes dried or fresh fruit in it, and I like some halved cherry tomatoes or chopped cucumber. The above ingredients are essential.
Now I have a little appetizer that I CAN take credit for. It got mixed reviews but I loved it and think its a great little snazzy appetizer...
Pear/Blue Cheese Appetizers
sliced baguette
sliced pear
olive oil
balsamic vinaigrette
crumbled bleu cheese
I simply sliced the pears and placed one or 2 pieces on the baguette slices, topped with the balsamic/olive oil mixture (about half and half) then added some crumbled bleu cheese. I loved it with the cool pear and pungent blue cheese, but I think some may find it a bit overwhelming so feta would be a good alternative if you are not a bleu lover.
I don't know the WW points for the appetizers, if I had to guess I would guess about 2 pts a piece. The salad just depends on what you add in... The really good news is..... (drum roll please)..... I lost 4.6 pounds this week!!! Woo Hoo!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats!
Post a Comment