Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pictures


We'll start most recently. This weekend I did it. I did lawn work. Amazingly, I had just talked with Ashley about how I just really don't like lawn work and I just didn't think I ever would. Lo and behold, this weekend we had the most beautiful weather. It was breezy, the sun was shining and it was simply the perfect weather. I pulled weeds and dug in the dirt and cleaned the porch for hours and amazingly, I loved it! Now, I am not saying that its going to be my favorite. But, there was such a sense of completion and accomplishment that I must try again to see if it was just a fluke. The top pic is our side fence all the way to our blooming, climbing roses. Those showing are Souvenir de la Mal Maison. We also have La Biche, Gertrude Jekyll (who I call Gertie) and Mrs. Oakley Fisher. The bottom pic is of my little gardening kit. Obviously I was very impressed with myself.

These were how my Lola and Gringo napped with me Sunday afternoon. So sweet. Its rare that they are that close and Lola is not chewing on Gringo.





Friday evening was Dine by Design. This is one of my favorite things the ladies do at church. Its a chance to be creative and decorate stuff and I love that. I teamed with Kim this year and although I wish I could take more credit for our piece of Modern Art Masterpiece, it was mostly her design. We were not sure what people would think because after all, its copper, bamboo, light bulbs and paint. The overwhelming sentiment was positive. The only downer for the evening was that no one sat with us. We were forced to kidnap Christin from Melanie's table so we would have 3 seats filled. The did have great service from Ron and Jay and still had a great time in spite of our tables lack of guests. Next year I shall recruit more.


This is my best friend at the zoo. I truly love monkeys and wish that someday I could hug one. I know, that is weird. Don't care.






Lastly, this is very old news but we had snow in March. Yes! March! So I had to show our front yard covered.
No food worth posting yet. Tonight it is chicken a' la Shake N Bake. I know, not too original but is actually good and in my points. C'est la vie!






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved you and Kim's table! It was so cool.

LNel said...

I love monkeys, too! I have been wanting to hug a monkey or a gorilla for years! Way to go on yard work. I think we are about to give in and pay someone to help our yard!