Sunday, March 21, 2010

Houston

As you may have heard we are moving to Houston. Houston is a sweaty steamy place not that unlike Corpus Christi, the home of my childhood. Jay got a new job, still with his current company Fidelity, in Sugar Land. We have been praying about moving closer to Nani and Baba for a while, and many of you know have been looking for jobs in Austin, Houston, even Corpus off and on over the past few years. Well everything certainly came together at once. It makes me truly realize that God's timing is so much better than mine and that I need to trust it.



Our house sold, we learned of Baba's cancer, and moved all in a couple of weeks. I was able to quit my job to take care of Lincoln and be free to go to Corpus when I needed to help Nani and Baba. I came back and unpacked all day only to have Jay come home on that same day and tell me that he was about 95% sure he was getting a job in Sugar Land. I was shocked! He has interviewed for many positions over the years, but no doors ever opened. Now more than ever, we wanted to be closer to Corpus and here it was... opportunity delivered to us just in time.



So now I'm packing and we're going to Houston next weekend to stay with brother Sansabutt (aka Mike) while we look for a house and I go check on Nani and Baba. Jay's going to stay with brother while I go back and forth between Corpus to help the grandparents, Houston to see him, and up here in NRH to finish packing and get ready to move. I should get frequent flier miles for driving. It will be hectic but I know it is worth it.



The sad part is starting to hit me now. We just had home team tonight and I realize now that we're going to be leaving so many great friends. I am so excited about what our future has in store for us in Sugar Land, and very excited to be close to Mike, Misti & Blake, and Carl & Amber, all friends in Houston, but I am going to dearly dearly miss our friends here and I cant even think about saying goodbye without tearing up. Stupid Friends. I know, everyone move to Houston with me and Jay! We can start a big commune!



While you all pray about the possibility of moving with us, I welcome help during the day so I can pack and watch Lincoln (and spend time with friends...) So holla if you wanna play.

Here is a video from February of Lincoln rolling over. I wanted to to share this so that everyone could see 1. Lincoln can actually finally roll over, both ways. and 2. Everyone needs to his glorious round smushy rolls. I love a nice chunky baby. (I also didn't know that I sounded so ridiculous in real life, so sorry for that.)

More Soon

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Bittersweet. When God moved us here to Texas, He reminded me that we had to give up what was good to get what was best. His best.