Friday, March 19, 2010

Christmas, the final chapter

I just realized that I never got around to finishing my Christmas posts. After having a great time with the Foys, we went over to spend the night with Mom and Pop. They had gotten some tickets for the amazing winter show at Schlitterbaun. It was so cool! There were carolers and an ice skating rink and lights everywhere.

First we went to dinner at Johnny Carinos, that is actually the restaurant where Jay and I had our first date, but the on in College Station. It was a nice and fancy dinner... I love me some steak and that is what I had. Lincoln loves his Mimi and Poppa and we found out that Bobby is the baby whisperer... Its amazing, Lincoln fusses, and Bobby picks him up and all is well.

We got to the water park and cruised around enjoying the sights. Mom kept threatening to ice skate and we all tried to talk her out of it considering all the times she has visited the emergency room in the past. Luckily, she changed her own mind about it so we had some hot chocolate instead.



Mom had this great idea. "There is a carousel! Lets go take Lincoln on a ride!" Great! I agreed completely and we cruised on over to the carousel area and got in line. We had Linc wrapped up in about 10 blankets to keep him insulated from the cold. But that made him a bit hard to hold on to.





You will notice the laughter - its nervous laughter. We had at that point realized that we were off our rockers. Taking a 6 month old baby on a carousel? Who does that? Well, we do!

Its ok... it all turned out fine and I chalk it up to a lesson learned. And it was still really fun even if it was dangerous. Afterwards we met the local reindeer and then went on home. We were cold and it was getting late.


We didn't exchange gifts this year. We got them some stuff from Lincoln and they got us stuff for Lincoln. That is how it works once you have kids! It was a short visit but fun and nice to have time to see the whole family over Christmas. The pic above is from November, because I forgot to take pictures because I had just gotten the flip video and was enamoured of it.

No comments: