Thursday, March 18, 2010

Down in Corpus Christi

So I headed down to Corpus to help Nani and Baba while he went through his first round of Chemotherapy. If you didn't know, Baba was diagnosed with Lung cancer so that is why he's doing chemo. Duh, like someone would do it for fun.


Linc and I drove down in 2 days. The first day was during a snow storm in Central Texas. That's right, I said snow storm in Central Texas. You weren't hallucinating. It was crazy. Snow flakes the size of golf balls were falling out of the sky while I drove down 35 going 25-25 miles per hour. We got as far as Georgetown and decided to stay the night.


The next morning we finished the drive. Baba was doing really well until the weekend when his feet started hurting. After many consults with many doctors and a trip to the hospital, we just now found out that in fact the pain was not from gout, vasculitis, chemo, or tiny trolls living in his blood... its an infection. That took 2 1/2 weeks in real time, but I just summed it up for you. Trust me, you don't want to know the gory details.


The foot pain is why we stayed for 2 weeks. Baba was having trouble getting up on his own so Linc and I stayed to help. It was tough, for everyone, and it wont be the last time we have complications I'm sure. But it was nice for Linc to see Nani and Baba and spend time with them. However, there wasn't a ton for linc to play with so as you see below, we improvised by turning a bassinet into an (unsafe) swing.


I did get out from time to time to the grocery store and to visit Ashley and her family. We even sneaked (snuck?) off one day to the Texas State Aquarium. It was neat and this was the first time I saw the dolphin exhibit. The babies were more interested in looking at each other and chewing on their stroller straps than the huge friendly dolphins, but Ash and I enjoyed it.


The video is a little long, but very cool. I think the little boy thought I was stalking him...


Baba got better enough to where he could get up on his own so I finally came home... Stopping at my mom's to stay the night on the way back. When I got home I got busy unpacking, only to get the good news the next day that it looks like we're moving to Houston! More soon....

PS I'm posting the video of Linc in his Bassinet in the next post, it wouldnt let me do two...

No comments: