Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Progress

I think several friends and relatives are a bit worried about the fact that my baby's room is still an empty room with no furniture or paint or anything else for that matter. But do not fear! We are making progress!

Our bathroom will be tiled, textured and painted this weekend. Our guest bath will be wallpapered soon after. We will also be painting the baby's room this weekend and putting together the crib and I will be starting the baby bedding as well! So see! We're not totally putting everything off till the last minute! Its just starting to all come together and that is so exciting. Kim came over and helped me pick a color for my bathroom that wasn't beige and that will look awesome! Now we just have to finish refinishing the furniture for the baby's room and we'll be done! Hah - sounds so easy huh?

My current opinion of pregnancy is that its not so bad. I have already started to forget the hives, nausea, exhaustion of the first trimester. I haven't had any sciatic pain in a while and actually have a little energy. I also finally look pregnant. Before I looked just a little chubby or perhaps like I had taken up beer drinking as a sport and had the gut to show for it. My cankles are a bit pouffy by the end of each day and let me tell you! Nothing says sexy like some pouffy cankles! Other than that this part is not so bad... I know uncomfortableness is to come but right now I am enjoying being pregnant and feeling baby Lincoln flip and flop around in my belly. He is quite the acrobat!

We went to the doctor Monday and everything looks good so far. Lincoln is measuring a week ahead of where he is in growth size and is estimated to weigh 3.2 lbs right now! Big strong boy! He is Breech right now but we're hoping he'll turn. My weight gain is fine according to the Doc and everything else is coming along great. The bad news is that I failed my 1 Hour glucose test. Because I'm high risk and basically borderline for Gestational Diabetes I am going to go ahead and see a nutritionist and start checking my sugars instead of doing another 3 hour glucose test. It doesn't hurt to be cautious and this will help me keep my weight in check too. Pray for Lincoln to be healthy!

No comments: