So I am starting to realize that at the end of this glorious pregnancy I'm going to have a baby to take care of. I mean, I've known that since I found out I was pregnant but knowing and KNOWING are 2 different things. What is currently driving home the scope of what I have gotten myself into are the new mommies that I know. For example, Ashley has a baby. A real. live. no one is going to take away. you are responsible for its whole life and well being. baby. And it isn't latching and it is sleeping during the day and not at night... Then cut to Catherine. She is doing great! But she has not slept for longer than 3 hours in a month! A month!
Here is the problem with the no sleep. If you know me at all, you know that when I get overly tired I tend to behave like a 2 year old who stayed up late, woke up early and skipped their nap. I am grumpy, whiny, pouty, 29 year old and I'm not proud of it but its true. So that is why I am currently having a bit of a freak out. I'm gonna be really tired for a really long time and that is just scary.
I know it will be fine and wonderful and I shouldn't worry but it is a bit scary. Also scary is that Lincoln's room is soooo NOT done yet, but I have a plan and it will be done soon. I love plans, they make me sane.
Amanda's wedding shower is this weekend and I'm going to stay with my Mom and go to her shower and cant wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Alright, not sleeping SUCKS!!! But, by God's grace you have adrenaline. And when you wake up to see that precious gift that God gave you that needs YOU and relies on YOU - you get up and you take care of it! Somehow you are just able to get out of bed and move - it is just an overwhelming love for your little one. My advice - DVR - start recording everything and anything that you like to watch - preferably something you have not seen before. Then when you are up in the middle of the night trying to nurse and stay awake -- you can watch a little TV and hopefully be interested enough to stay awake. Let me know if you need any other tips - :)
Post a Comment