Friday, April 17, 2009

1 more step

Jay and I registered last night so we are officially one more step towards being ready for our Baby's arrival! It was really a lot of fun and a bit unnerving as well. Do we need a stroller, and car seat, and jog stroller, and umbrella stroller, and a .... you get the idea. We figured it out as we went along and soon realized that you can not follow the selection guide they give you because you would end up ordering one of everything they have. (On the other hand maybe we will need it and just don't know it yet.)

Overall we had fun and registered for some really fun stuff and it made the fact that Lincoln will be here soon all the more real! I'm officially in my 3rd Trimester and can't wait for him to be here. To prepare we've started our Bradley child birthing classes and have really liked them and learned a lot so far. Yes, we are going the "hippy" natural way - as drug-free as possible. No, I'm not crazy... I just want to avoid medical intervention and the side effects that meds can bring if possible. That is not to say I wont totally wimp out and scream for the nearest Anesthesiologist, but I'm going to try not to. My favorite thing about Bradley is that the focus is on education... about my body, the baby, pregnancy, nutrition, exercise and of course, delivery. It makes me feel more prepared, knowing at least what to expect.

Just in case you want to peruse my registry and make any suggestions, we registered at Babies-R-Us and Pottery Barn Kids... I'd love to hear suggestions!

1 comment:

Dana said...

Yea! I am going to nose around the regestry. I will have some suggestions, but the best advice I can give is to not listen to everyone's suggestions. We did not use a lot of stuff. You will know what is best for ya'll. :)