
I'm 4 months pregnant! I'm so excited to be this far - almost to the half way mark. I have had some bumps along the road but so far so good. I have placenta previa - you can google it if you are interested in knowing more, I wont bore you here. It usually resolves itself by the end of the pregnancy so that is what we are praying for - so that we don't have to have a c-section. The other little symptoms and delights of pregnancy are a bit different than I expected.
Firstly, I keep waiting for the 2nd trimester blissfulness to kick in. I am convinced that this is a mean fallacy propagated by cruel women who want to give you some hope in your first trimester just to find out that its NOT TRUE. I'm still tired, although slightly less so than the first trimester. To add to the fun of the somewhat lessened fatigue, I now cant sleep. I wake up to go the bathroom 2-5 times a night and then cant go back to sleep so therefore end up more tired. My food aversions are worse than ever and its very hard to think of things that sound good at all to me. Here is a list of things that in general sound disgusting....
Mexican Food
Italian Food
Most meat
Anything with Garlic, Garlic Powder, Garlic Salt, Minced Garlic
Sandwiches
French Fries
This is just the list of the minute... the list of what sounds good is even shorter. Other than the food stuff, I'm also having some sciatic pain in my boo-tay. That makes everything painful but the good news is my prenatal yoga is helping keep the pain down to a minimum. Also - my hormones are still making me a bit crazy. As for just how crazy, you would have to ask my poor hubby. Who by the way has been the picture of patience for these last 4 months.
As for the good stuff, I think I may have felt the baby move. It may have been gas, but I don't think so. It felt like fluttering in my belly. I love being able to see the little guy when I go the doctor! Its getting so big - as you can see above - about 4.5 inches from head to rump. That is huge! I have a bump now, not a very big one but its there. I get so excited (and scared) when I think that in a few short months I'll be a mommy and Jay will be a daddy... And I also keep wondering if someone is suddenly going to realize that I am absolutely not qualified for this and going to insist they move in to supervise this baby or take it away entirely. I know, I know. There are many much less qualified people in the world reproducing like bunnies, but I still am sometimes in awe that you don't have to have some sort of licence or required experience to do this.
4 comments:
Your list of things that sound disgusting made my mouth water. Those are all the best foods! At least chocolate is not on the list yet. That would just be crazy.
I recall having an unbelievable craving for oranges! I would eat like 4 or 5 a day! And pickles...the sour crunchy kind. I also had an aversion to Mexican food.
It sounds like you are doing great though! Thanks for all the updating you've done. I love all the pics too.
HORRAY for 16 weeks!! At one pt all I wanted to eat was Subway and I HATED teddy grahams they made me wanna barf! I don't know why. The sleep thing, I believe is Gods way of preparing us to function on little sleep once that precious one is here.
Sorry, I wish I could tell you the second trimester got better, but I didn't have that experience. It got different, but not better! Hang in there, when the baby really starts moving it's a lot of fun!
Post a Comment