
I decided to go ahead and give in to my better judgement and buy my husband a PS3. Well, his Mom and Dad and brother bought it with me as a collective birthday present. I have heard of nothing else for the last 6 months. Each time it was brought up, it included hints that the "Limited Edition" could be obtained through a connection that he had with Carl's brother - in - law. So we ordered it.

When it came in I went to pick it up at the appointed Gamestop. It happened to be the one in Grapevine Mills Mall. So after walking for about 3 miles to find the store I entered the Gamestop and asked for the contact name that I was given and said mistakenly that I was there to get a "Limited Edition XBox". This of course brought about looks of incredulity from the 16 year old lovers of D&D. I quickly realized my error and corrected my request. They then proceeded to "Awwww Dude! A girl is getting that? Cool!" for a minute or two before rummaging through the back room to bring it out. About the time that the blond one came walking out with it (none too soon, the brown-headded one was staring at me as if I was an actual Klingon Warrior that had just walked into the Gamestop) another associate there threw himself in the way of the blond ones path to stop him.

We quickly explained that I was in fact the girl that it was being held for and that it was ok to sell it to me. They were skeptics. I think that for a minute or two they were convinced that I had done some serious recon and figured out that there was a much sought after PS3 limited thing there and had was trying to take it out from under its rightful owner. This kind of conspiracy theory is probably what lead to them loving D&D and working there in the first place. I digress.

So I brought the unit home and didn't want to just hand it to my hubby, so decided to a little scavenger hunt. The pictures above are his clues... It was fun! He came home and followed the clues around until he found it and was very happy... The pics below are right after he found it - a very happy hubby!
Also - as an update - I did not do so hot with my 5K training this past week... so I'm getting back on track. I run tomorrow - Monday night - again. I did lose 2.6 lbs at WW this week - so that is very very good!
Another update - Baba seems to be feeling and doing much better. He didn't have any fluid around his heart when they did his EKG this week and the leg is getting better but not completely healed. Please continue to keep him and Nani in your prayers. Its been a long road and he is ready to get better and start building his strength back up so I pray his condition continues to improve.
1 comment:
James said 'COOL'. And, 'he needs to get Rock Band!'
Post a Comment