I have officially begun my journey from Couch Potato to being able to run, actually run, a 5K.
That is the name of the training plan my dh found for me. At first I was a little offended but then quickly realized its true. The first night was actually a blessing, an affirmation that I am doing something good. The weather was nice. Such a simple thing but I expected it to be about 124 degrees and miserable and God gave me a beautiful, sunny, breezy evening to walk in. So I am not running yet, just walking so far, but I will be running like Phoebe around our neighborhood soon. You see, there are a couple of reasons why I have never really liked to run. I mean never... even when I was a kid. One is that its hard. I mean really not fun. The other is that I look like a moron when I run. The third has been added since my "days of blossoming"... certain attributes that make running a bit uncomfy. I'm working through all 3 in an effort to become more healthy. I'll keep updates here to let you know how its going.
Now as for my recipes I mentioned yesterday, the Chicken Salad is awesome. Its a triumph to be admired by chicken salads everywhere. The Gazpacho leaves something to be desired. Its ok. Its very veggie-ish as good gazpacho should be, but I didn't quite hit the mark. Jay hasn't tried it yet but I think that when he does, he'll be somewhat less than enthused. Oh well, they cant all be fabulous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment