Driving to Corpus takes a LONG time. But this weekend it was well worth it. We got to drive down on Friday and spend time with Nani and Baba. Baba went to lunch with us for Fathers Day on Saturday. The infection in his leg is back but is being treated with antibiotics again. He is still a bit out of it but hopefully on the road to recovery. We were able to see Lindsey and her guy Todd, and go to dinner with Julie and Andrew from work too. All while Baba had gone to bed.
Sunday we had lunch with Baba (Whataburger) and set out on the road. I should mention here that Baba REALLY loves Whataburger. Its amazing how much he can eat there and it doesn't seem to get old. The highlight of his Whataburger experience is the Fried Lemon Pie. I know he shouldn't have it probably but he loves it so much its hard to say no. It truly was a road trip being that we stopped at Mom and Pops to give Pop his Fathers day goodies before heading on to the Foys. We had a great time hanging out for a bit and having some grilled Burgers with Jim, Mary, Mike and the Uncles. Lola had a heck of a time - she thought that all those people were there for her as usual. Leigh, Jay's Aunt, let her sit on her lap and she was happy as a clam. (Are clams happy? Why? They are invertebrates.) We got home late but happy that we had been able to see so much of our family - and Dads - in one day.
By the way - I am continuing to to move towards 5K from my current semi-couch potato position. So far I am only walking and not running but let me tell you this - IT IS HOT. And I know that it will only get hotter and hotter as the summer progresses. By the end of this week I am supposed to be running for 3 minutes and walking 27... we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment