My exercise routine keeps changing... I am no longer going for the Sprint Triathlon, or 5K at this time. The reasons are that 1. I wasn't going to have enough time to train for the Sprint Triathlon, so I decided to do the 5K. 2. I started to train to run 5K and realized that maybe I should learn to walk before I run, literally. So that brings me to my current plan that I didn't even want to tell anyone about until I started it because I don't want to be a quitter.
So now I am on Day 9. That is, 9 consecutive days of exercise. My commitment is to work out every day until we leave on our cruise on September 1st. That's a total of 53 days of working out. The rules are simple. I have to do 30 minutes daily of some sort of exercise. Right now that means walking up and down the hills around our neighborhood, or doing a really cheesy Salsa Dance video that makes me very sweaty. I already feel better and more fit, not to mention the fact that I am sleeping VERY well. My biggest challenge thus far was Wednesday night when I worked, then went to a Birthday dinner, then Bible study and didn't return home until a little after 11 and had to work out before going to bed. I think my DH was surprised that I actually did it. I was a little surprised myself. My other challenge is that I have developed something called Plantar Facitis (SP?) that makes my foot hurt real bad - but I will work through it!
Jay and I have devised some incentives to keep each other going. This all started when he and his brother decided to work out every day for a month. Then I opened my big mouth and said that I would just do it all the way to the cruise... what a dummy. So if I miss a day, I have to do the trash and kitty litter box for a month. If Jay misses a day, he has to do laundry for a month.
So we'll see what happens... I am trying not to set my expectations too high. You know, like being disappointed if I don't fit in a size 2 by September 1st. I'm trying to be realistic and so my goal is to drop a size. I have been doing better with WW and am down 6 lbs... I'll keep you posted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey girlie.. YOU GO!! I am on a mission to lose the last 6 or 7 lbs before we head to Virginia Beach Sept 9th.. so we TOTALLY can do this together!!! :)
Post a Comment