Tuesday, June 15, 2010

11 Months Old


Lincoln,

You are (a little over) 11 months old now! So much has changed so fast recently its hard to keep up. First, we have a home again! You are back to your own room and we finally unpacked our suitcases, after living in them for over 3 months. I think you might be sad because one of your favorite games is taking everything out of the suitcase, 1 item at a time, then putting it all back in. I sat in your room last night and watched you dump your cube out then fill it up about 20 times. You are so cute with your little face all focused and concentrating on the task at hand. Sometimes you even stick your little tongue out.

Now you crawl everywhere and pull up on everything and are desperately trying to climb things. You have already climbed both in and out of the tub and scared your Mama to death. No serious injuries, just a bonk on the head and a mad cry. You are also trying to stand up in the middle of the floor and trying to let go when you are by the couch. You fall down right now, but I know that soon you will just take off.

We had to put locks on the cabinets because you love to get in them, especially the ones that I filled with all the china and breakables. You opened one last week while I had my head turned for a minute and pulled out vase and slammed it on the ground right as I turned back around. I nearly had a heart attack and scooped you right up! Glass shards were everywhere but we both escaped unscathed. Daddy put the locks on that night.

Speaking of Daddy, you love him so much! Its so awesome to see you light up when he comes home for work. We started night weaning you on Thursday night, and your Dad has done a fantastic job of taking care of you when you wake up at night and putting you to bed each night. I have been anxious to do this so we both can get more sleep, but very nervous. You are such a good baby and this has gone so well. Its only been 4 nights when you slept from 8 till 7 and only woke up once! Wow!!!

You eat everything now. Fruits are a favorite, especially strawberries and blueberries. You also eat grapes and melon with your new favorite lunch, Cheese and Turkey. You love your sippy cup and slurp down water with each meal. You DO NOT want baby food from the jar anymore. You look so disgusted when I try to feed it to you, as if you are thinking "Duh Mom, I'm not a little baby, don't feed me that!" Oh, and at the Black Walnut cafe, I discovered that you like Saltine Crackers, A LOT! You look so cute crunching them with your front toofies.

You have grown 2 new teeth in the last month, on each side of the 2 little teeth on the bottom of your mouth. Soon you will have even more I know. You are slimming out more and look like a little boy. I don't know what happen to my round pudgy little butterball but that baby has gone and this new little boy is here.

You babble so much more now, Ba-ba-ba was first (I think you were saying Baba!) And then Da-da-da and Muh-muh-muh. You like making SSSSS sounds and TTTTTT sounds and you love it when we mimic you and you answer back.

You love wheels, any toy with wheels is a favorite, along with anything that holds anything. You throw things over your shoulder with abandon without looking and that always makes me laugh. You are like your dad too, because you love to push buttons and play with electronics. I have to watch you all the time to make sure you don't chew on plugged in electrical cords, and now you try to pull up to type on the keyboard when I'm using the computer. The cameras make you mad because you just want to rip them out of our hands so that you can explore them. Also in the move, you have discovered the wonders of bubble wrap and boxes. And you dance! When your little toys play music you dance... awesome!

Little buddy, I cant believe you are almost 1 year old. This time has gone so quickly. You are precious!

Love,

Mama

No comments: