You are 2 months old and are growing so fast! We went to the Doctor today for you to get your 2 month check up and your first round of shots. You weigh 15lbs and 4oz and are 24" long. The nurse gave you 3 shots and you were looking right at me when she stuck you and I don't think that I'll ever forget the look of surprise on your face, then the red-faced, outraged screaming that followed. I felt so bad but you stopped crying very quickly.
You can so so much already! You like to be held at the shoulder now because you want to look around, no more cradle hold, you get mad! You smile all the time and are awake so much more now. You don't laugh yet but when you think Mommy and Daddy are funny, you coo and awww and talk to us. It blows me away every time you do it and I'm convinced you are trying to tell me something very very important. You work so hard on getting those little sounds out and they are coming more and more all the time. You also sleep a little more at night now - most of the time.
You have outgrown a ton of clothes and all of your nighties are already too short for your long legs. You are in 3 months and they dont always fit. You get baths more often now so I can keep up with your sweaty fat rolls and you like them now, and usually don't cry at all. You like to look at your friends Mr Fan and Mr Lamp... you smile at them and stare so intently its like you are trying to memorize them. You take a pacifier sometimes now, but not from me too much... I think its because you know I have the boobs with milk and you would rather have that!
This month you went to your first restaurant (On the Border), and many after that. You also had your first play date with your buddy Cason. You two looked at each other for a few seconds so Catherine and I declared it a success. You also took your first road trip. We went to Georgetown to see your Grammy and Pawpaw, then to Corpus Christi to meet your aunts Misti and Amanda and to see your great grandparents, then to New Braunfels to see Mimi and Pop on the way home.
Your Nani and Baba, and Granddad and Aline were all so excited to see you and hold you. You were such a good baby on the drive down and had only a few meltdowns. Granddad and Aline gave you a high chair and an awesome set of wooden blocks along with other goodies. Nani and Baba took you to dinner at Kiko's to celebrate your 2 month birthday, and Baba's 74th birthday. He's the one you re named after and who cant wait to teach you to shoot my BB gun.
I even left you with a baby sitter (Charlotte's Mimi - Melissa) to go out with the girls Saturday night for a couple hours. I was a wreck but you slept the whole time. I have to go back to work this Friday, only part time, but I'm dreading it so much. I'm so nervous about leaving you with someone else all day but I know you will be fine.
You are such a joy, you cry less now and I can just see you soaking up the world as you gaze around with your big blue eyes.
Love,
Mommy
3 comments:
super cute baby!
What a cutie!!! He is a big guy, Chloe is big and she only weighs 17 lbs.
I love my little Lincoln, but I think you need to change the title of the blog now to baby boy foy...
Post a Comment