Friday, November 21, 2008

Bun in the oven!

Well, we've told family so it is official. We're expecting. As many of you may have guessed - the hives and their persistence may have something to do with the baby, we're just not sure. And I can't take steroids in case our baby is a girl - can do bad things like make a girl look like a boy (you should of heard how my obgyn described it!). So I am still stuck with hives, although they are way, way better than they were. I'm still itchy, but they are covering only about a 1/4 of my body now.



I'm also nauseous, tired, cranky and having food cravings and aversions. Jay is being a great hubby, putting up with my incessant whining and demands. For some reason, I can't seem to talk to him unless its in a high pitch that sometimes increases to a level that only dogs can hear. As far as cravings - all I want to eat is down home cookin'. The more southern and grandma-y it is, the better. Tonight we're going to Cotton Patch Cafe and I'm having chicken fried steak, mashed potato's, and green beans. And if the Lord really does love me, they will have Cherry cobbler for me to finish all that up with. (Just kidding Lord, I know you love me even if they only have peach cobbler.)



All in all, we are so so happy. Seeing that little heart beat on the screen on Monday was such a blessing and an overwhelming experience! I love that little blueberry floating around in my belly already and can't wait to meet him or her. God is good!



I had to attach this picture of Jay and Sansabutt (my brother-in-law aka Mike). They both showed up at their parents house wearing the same transformer t-shirt. What dorks!


2 comments:

B said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You will be a Fabulous mom!

Unknown said...

YAY!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!