Thursday, May 1, 2008

Update

Its a busy week. First - Baba's surgery was a sucess. He's awake and feeling good, all things considered. They did not remove his sense of humor - he's cracking jokes already. Its been a long few days but God is good and has taken care of Baba, Nani and me wonderfully. I'm so thankful for his faithfulness and love. He really does answer prayers.

Its Friday and he's still in ICU. He is doing well but for his blood pressure being a little low. As soon as it gets up higher on its own, without the help of drugs, he'll be put in a regular room. He is demanding his phone and Nani and I are holding steadfast and not letting him have it yet. I know that as soon as he gets it he'll be on it all the time and not rest.

I did also have a recipe of the week - I just hadnt posted yet. And its good. I can take no credit for the creation of it, but its really really good. Its from the new Weight Watchers cookbook - its skinless boneless chicken thighs brushed with a dijon mustard and orange juice mixture then pressed into a mixture of whole wheat cracker crumbs, scallions, and orange zest. You bake it for 15 minutes on each side and Voila! Super yummy chicken. If you are interested in the recipe then post a comment and I will email the whole thing to you.

2 comments:

LNel said...

I am glad to hear that Baba's surgery went well. I would love to have that recipe! cenelson02@yahoo.com Take care!

Unknown said...

God is so good! I want the recipe!!! stephers333@hotmail.com