We went to Dewberry farms yesterday with some other moms from the Moms group I joined. They organized it and we met there and it. was. awesome. They have a pumpkin patch, a corn maze, pig races, bouncing pillows, food, singing chickens and a goat that can walk on water. Just kidding about that last one, but it is really really awesome!


This was a ride with barrels cut out and painted like cows. I almost let him ride with his friend Conrad (below) but I'm so glad I didn't! He would have jumped and that would be tragic. All the moms of younger kids rode with them... you can see Melissa, Erin, Allison, and Marta.
Lincoln and Conrad are good buddies, they are both very active, wild little boys.

Lincoln loves to walk and run, especially outdoors now. The problem we kept running into in the pumpkin patch is that he doesn't pick his feet up very far and kept tripping over and over and over. That kid has persistence! He would fall down, stand up and fall right back down again. Also, he is soooo uninterested in me and me taking pictures of him. He tends to run away. Note several pictures of his back. The one above is of he and Levi checking on the crops. They are only one week apart in age.
He looks very serious here, but he had a ball. I took him up on this big bounce pillow and he immediately ran down it, and face planted in the sand. Then the attendant walked right over and awarded me the mom of the year award! I kid. But seriously it was scary, but he got right back up and kept playing. After that he scooted backwards when he wanted to get off the top, or as the picture above shows, walked his feet down while bouncing on his bottom. So cute!
They had all kind of play structures, this is a log tube and my little boy stared into it, as if at the abyss, for a long long time before venturing into it. Once he did, I couldn't coax him out!
I have many more updates coming soon... my goal is to post everyday next week starting on Sunday, in order to get caught up! Going this weekend to meet my newest niece in Corpus, Marilyn!!

No comments:
Post a Comment