(Mimi and Papa were here too - just not in the picture!)
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We certainly did. Mom and Bobby were here for Lincolns first turkey day and it was a huge sucess. The picture above is a post - dinner nap that Jay and our (ahem) tiny little baby boy were sharing. Isnt that the best!


On Tuesday before turkey day Mom came up with Peter and Amy and Baby Sarah! It was the first time I got to see Sarah and the first time they say Lincoln. It was great to see them even though the trip was short. They have another bundle of joy on the way!
I have to brag for a second. My turkey rocked!!! Everyone agreed that it was the best they have ever had. I'm glad to share the recipe with anyone who is interested. The rest of the feast was also very good... all the usual fare. The only other important thing worth mentioning was that I made my first homemade Pumpkin pie and it was awesome. I used a very special, secret family recipe. (Its the one on the Libbys Pumpkin can.) Lincoln liked sitting in his bumbo supervising.
Mom and I also made jelly! My step-mom gave me juice from Muscidine grapes, and mayhaw fruit when I went to visit way back and I finally made it into jelly. It was very fun and not nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment