Sunday, June 28, 2009

Other preparation

Jay did a great job putting together the baby bed and bassinet. He is very handy. Mary and I were good supervisors.
My friend Lisa and her daughter Courtney brought us this diaper cake - it was very yummy.
Since the showers we have enjoyed relaxing and not working on projects. I now have only 9 days left (or less) until he arrives! My doctor put me on house rest last Wednesday after seeing my swelling and the fact that my blood pressure has been a little elevated. Its been very very nice to sleep lots and rest... I'm working on a few small projects, like his mobile, but nothing too strenuous.
So the nursery is done, the crib is ready, the house is (mostly) clean and we are as ready as we'll ever be. I'm not sleeping well anymore, trips to the bathroom and aching belly wakes me up several times a night and I really love sleep. I know - everyone keeps telling me its gonna get worse but I don't really want to hear that - I'd prefer to be in denial! I have some stretch marks on my sides but none on my belly so far. At least, none that I can see.
Any last minute advice is welcome! Please pray that I go into labor on my own, I really don't want to be induced if I can avoid it.

No comments: