Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pregnancy Symptom Update

Were to start... well, the good news is that my food aversions are much better. Garlic is still repulsive, but I can eat most anything else without feeling the need to gag or losing my appetite for the next several hours after smelling it. The bad news is that my food aversions are much better, so now I want to eat everything, all the time. I felt the eating frenzy coming on and to avoid ballooning to 800 lbs we have been cooking at home and I have been taking my lunch and snacks. I have learned that if I have food available, I will eat it no matter what it is. However, if there is no food available I will drive to the closest 7-11 and get nachos and a Slurpee or whatever other junk food looks good at that moment. Not so good for the ol figure. (I am eating grapes while I type.)

I am still tired. Not the bone-weary exhaustion of my 1st trimester, but tired none the less. I still go to bed early, but its more in the neighborhood of 9:30 - 10pm instead of 7-8pm. Jay has continued to be an amazingly loving and helpful husband. He's done things in the last 4 months that I never thought I would see. For example, putting up laundry, cooking AND cleaning the dishes all in the same night, making me pudding with cool whip and maraschino cherries(like 10 of them) AFTER cooking and cleaning - I couldn't ask for a better Hubby!

The most unsettling new development is the onset of the weepy's. On our trip to Utah I began to cry. Not because I was really sad, or mad, but because of any reason at all, no matter how silly. My scripture of the moment has become 2 Corinthians 10:5 "We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." Because goodness gracious, you should see some of the hormonally driven thoughts that run through my brain. There have been times when I think of something then immediately think "Julie, You are a complete nut." Apparently I am not the only pregnant woman to experience this, and I find that fact amazingly comforting and I am sure my husband does as well.

I'm getting really excited about our doctors appointment coming up when we should find out if we're having a little boy or little girl. I am ready to find out and plan the nursery, register, and all that fun stuff. I'll post pics of Utah this weekend.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Hi Foy family! I have loved reading about your pregnancy journey. I just hope and pray I can experience that someday...symptoms and all! I hope you don't mind if I add your blog as one I am following (since I am already blog stalking). I wish all the best for your growing family!
-Alicia Hatton

Dana said...

I am getting as anxious to find out what little Foy is. I can't imagine how ya'll are feeling. Miss you guys!