I thought that I would write a bit to "share" some of the more interesting things that I have thus far encountered with my pregnancy. The last time I was pregnant, I was tired but that was as far as my symptoms went. This time is a whole other experience. I am tired. Tired like I ran the Boston Marathon then jumped on a jet and made it to New York just in time to run the marathon there, then got back on a jet and flew to Hawaii to compete in and win the Iron Man triathlon. I can sleep 12 hours a night no problem and still feel the need for a 2-3 hour nap daily. Not only can I sleep that much, if I don't then I stumble around my day in a zombie-like haze with my mind fixated on sleep, sleep, when can I sleep again!
I don't think husband understands although he is trying. I don't think you can understand unless you feel like this. To top off the fatigue, I'm nauseous. Thankfully, that comes and goes and can usually be made better by eating. But it can also be exacerbated by certain smells very, very quickly. For example - farting in the car WILL make me gag and perhaps vomit. So don't do it! Grocery stores are a bit sketchy, especially the meat department. Also, the smell of onions cooking is not good at all.
The 2 oddest things I have not mentioned yet. The first is funny and really sad. I first should point out that I have developed the nose and smelling capabilities of a bear, so here it is. Jay smells. He smells funny and I can't explain it. I thought at first that it was only in the morning before he had brushed his teeth. Then I thought it was because he had gone running and was sweaty. My most recent theory was that because he inhaled about 400 garlic clove stuffed green olives over the Thanksgiving holiday, the garlic was seeping from his pores and making him smell funny. I think all that is wrong. For some reason he just smells funny to me and its not going away or changing with circumstances. Poor smelly Jay. I blame the baby. :)
The last odd thing happening is the dreams. Vivid, life like, gut-wrenching, dreams. They have been happening fort he last week or so. I remember them vividly when I wake up and am usually extremely happy or gut-wrenchingly sad. I dreamed the other night that my bff Ashley (who is also pregnant) and I were going to be sharing the baby in my belly, but that we had a huge fight. Over what? No idea. All I knew in my dream was that I couldn't find Jay anywhere and Ashley was MAD and getting a lawyer and according to her, once my baby came out, I would "never see it again." First, its funny that we were supposed to be sharing a baby because she and I can't hardly share lip gloss and its been that way since the 8th grade. I woke up crying because she was taking my baby and there was nothing I could do about it. Then I felt really silly but was none the less mad at her all day. I'll keep you posted as these fun little symptoms come to light.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your pregnancy sounds just like me, I agreed with everything you said!!
I'm glad I am a guy. And i too can relate to Smelly Jay. I think Miriam had some weird prego stuff, but she'll have to tell you it, because i don't remember. We're praying for you guys.
Jimmy
Post a Comment