Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Springtime

 We had quite a bit of excitement around here this spring with our two boys.  I can say that there is never a dull moment.  We went to the Rodeo for the first time, and Lincoln enjoyed rodeo day at school.  Cotton candy and a petting zoo and roller coasters, oh my!

We stay busy with our swimming lessons, playdates, Community Group, MDO, and all the rest of normal life with little monsters. 
 We recently invested in some outside playthings for the boys.  They both LOVE being outside above all else and these toys help keep them busy and work off some energy.  Craigslist is awesome and we got the swing set and sand box for a great deal.  I didn't want to pay full price because they will probably destroy it or grow tired of it all too soon.  Isaac thinks he is a big kid.  He learned how to slid on our little slide by himself and now believes he can also tackle the 20 foot slide at the park on his own. Like his big brother he knows no fear.  sigh.




 Easter was awesome this year.  As Lincoln gets bigger, he understands more and more about God and this year he was excited about Jesus!  It was funny when at the store about a month before Easter, I asked him why we celebrated Easter?  His loud response was, "BECAUSE WE LOVE EGGS AND WE LOOOOOOVE TANDY!!!" 

After that we worked on talking more about Easter and its real meaning.  A few weeks later we were at Misti and Blakes house for Misti's birthday.  I showed Linc the cupcakes and asked him if he knew why we had cupcakes for after dinner, and he gleefully responded with "Because we love JESUS!!!"
 This was our first year for egg coloring and it was a hit!

 We also took Isaac to his first Easter egg hunt.  He really loves throwing them and laughs like a hyena when they pop open and candy goes everywhere.  Lincoln helps him out by following behind and "cleaning up" by eating the candy.




 Easter weekend we visited the BTHOOTEB gang so the boys could meet all of Lolli and Pop's dear friends.  It was great.  When we got out of the car at the ranch, I knew we had not spent enough time in the country because Lincoln's first words were, "WOOK AT ALL THESE WOCKS!!! AND WOOK AT ALL THIS DIRT!!"  Needless to say they boys and Jay and I had a blast.  Isaac followed the dogs around and Lincoln followed the big kids. 



On Easter Sunday I dressed my monkeys in bowties and suspenders and we went to church.  Jay and I were the teachers and got to teach all the preschoolers about Jesus on Sunday. Jay got to pop out of the empty tomb dressed as an angel after I shared the Gospel and only scared one class of 3 year olds.  Success!!

No comments: