
They CAME! My whole family - well almost - came for Thanksgiving at my house! Under one roof! And no one used a gun or any other explosive! God is so good!

Ok well I didn't really expect anyone to shoot anyone else. Or blow anyone up either. But my Mom and Dads side of the family have historically not been the best of comrades so I was super pumped when Mom, Pop, Granddad, Aline, AND Nani were all at our home for Thanksgiving this year. Jay had to work on Friday so we stayed at home and invited everyone over for the big day.

Here is my table(s). I made the table runner/cloths out of fabric I had in my sewing closet. It was a kind of tweed-looking stuff that was black, white and brown. I used our china and crystal cause - why not! The center pieces were modern candle holders and glossy white and silver pumpkins and gourds and even a turkey and pilgrim that I-ene brought for me. She is so crafty - she painted them herself to match my theme. I also got to use the butter dish that Nani got at her wedding shower, real silver!

I love this picture, so in love!

Big Happy Family! I made the whole sha-bang - Turkey, dressing, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole with fresh green beans, and Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie! Mom brought homemade cranberry relish and vino, and Granddad and Iene brought cake, pie, and a bunch of goodies, in our family known as a sack-r-full. Misti and Black brought sticky pumpkin bars and yummy rolls and Nani provided the relish tray.

Those crazy kids! It was a great holiday... we are so thankful that 2010 is over! HAH! More soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment