



I found some pictures while moving Nani to Sugar Land that I hadn't seen in quite some time! Our Banks family reunion was in New Orleans when I was 13... For me it was the first time I got to meet many of my family that I had heard of and seen pictures of forever it seemed.
A couple of memories stick out... when we got there we walked by the pool and there was a large, tall man sitting there with a beer (I think - at least it was some sort of alcoholic beverage) and a giant condom hat. It was my uncle... Hah!
Another one is meeting my cousins, Mickey sticks out in my mind... I guess he was about 5 or 6, and we were immediate friends. I held him any time he was around. That is him above with his head on my shoulder. My uncle reminded me that with a connection like we had, you could marry your third cousin in Texas. He was such a sweetie. We lost him earlier this year. He and his whole family came to my wedding in 2004... it was the first time I had seen him since. He and Katie were all grown up and I regret so much not getting to know him as an adult.
My girl cousins, Natalie and ... were very into the "I feel like chicken tonight" reenactment of the popular commercial of the time, and as you can see not afraid to perform. It runs in our family.
And I remember when Pop took me for my first beer. I thought it tasted terrible but I felt so grown up I drank it anyway then giggled for an hour. (It was only about a half A BEER... don't call CPS.)
I dont know if anyone reads this anymore, but I'm going to catch up posting this week. Sorry for the long break - a bit of tragedy and writers block will do that to you.

No comments:
Post a Comment