Wednesday, September 1, 2010

OMGoodness

I did not know that babies would do some of the things Linc is doing so early!! I'm not talking developmentally... He's walking but mostly crawling still. I'm talking about how he figured out how to open the dishwasher! And pocket door! And doors with lever handles! And all drawers! And he is so tall he can pull things off of countertops!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm scrambling trying to figure out how to keep my little whirling dervish safe. I had to barricade off the whole kitchen and office to keep him from yanking cords off the wall and pulling butcher knifes out of the dishwasher. There was a point in my life that had I read something like this I would have thought "They just need to teach that kid what no means!". But I had never met Linc. One, he's only 13 months old and even if I let him slice a finger off he would turn around and grab another knife. Two he laughs when I say no and he's fearless!!

So for now I'll keep trying to teach "danger" and "no" and "you are scaring your mommy to death!". And I'll pray for protection for my little Tasmanian devil. And tell Mom and Nani and Mary that I'm sorry! Because I'm sure that Jay and I gave them fits!!!


- Posted on the ee-pa-honay

No comments: