Saturday, August 21, 2010

Missing DFW

I just need to mention how much I miss DFW. I read my friends blogs and see their comments on Facebook and it makes me so sad! We love Sugar Land - its a great town and I stay busy with Nani and Linc and also just joined a MOMS group that has lots of fun activities so I can meet new friends. I have already met several Moms and they are super nice.


But I miss my friends! I miss their kids that are growing up while we're away. I am super excited that Cat, Mike and Cason are coming for labor day so we can have lots of fun. We are planning to go to Keyma for the day and have a girls outing to have high tea at the St Regis.
Linc loves Nani and Nani loves Linc. They talk all day to each other and play. Its so great that they get to spend this time together. (If Nani knew what the Internet was she would kill me for posting this picture with her hair less than perfect and no lipstick on.)

Our church search is continuing - so far we've only visited one and like it a lot. We want to go to a few others to see if its the right one for us. Its so weird to "church shop". We are praying that God shows us the right one that He has for us, and soon.
It has been such a crazy year. I will never again complain of boredom. We've sold a house, moved, quit my job, bought a house, cared for Baba through chemo, hospital stays and in his last days at the ranch, buried him, moved again, seen Nani in and out of the hospital, heart procedures, saw our baby crawl, walk and turn one. We've helped Nani make some hard decisions, moved her in with us in Sugar Land. We're learning a new town, looking for new friends, a new church, getting ready to take responsibility for the ranch, Nani's house, moving her into Assisted Living and selling her home in Corpus. We've driven thousands of miles and cut our income in half. But through it all, God has been with us. I have never felt more cared for and lead by Him. It has not been easy, but God has been so good, answering prayers every step of the way.
So even though I miss my friends and am sometimes amazed and overwhelmed to look around and see what has happened and what we have in front of us, I know we are where He wants us to be, and for that I am so thankful!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

scortiI was thinking about you guys and we miss you. Please come stay with us soon! I want to see Linc (and you guys;)).

Dina said...

We miss you too!