Monday, August 10, 2009

1 Month Old!



Lincoln,
My baby is already 1 month old! You're getting bigger and changing already. I'm very impressed at how you can hold your head up. If you are laying on my chest with your head facing 1 way, and you decide you want to look the other direction, you pick your head up and turns it by yourself! You'll also just hold it up and look around when you are on my shoulder. I think this means you are going to be a genius!

You are awake more and more during the day and last Wednesday I think you smiled at me. I was singing your favorite song, the song about putting pee-pee's in the diaper for Mommy to change that I sing to you every time we change your diaper and you smiled. Some may say it was gas but I know better. You may be the only person on earth that likes my singing.

We're going to the doctor today for your 1 month checkup and I'm willing to bet that you probably weigh over 10 lbs and are 24 inches long. Your little legs and arms are getting chubby and you love to store sour milk in your adorable neck fat rolls. We give you a bath every 3 or 4 days and you like being in the water, you relax as soon as we put you in the tub.

You have lots of gas and that makes you fussy sometimes, but we expected that because you are, after all, your father's son. I never thought I would worry about the digestive tract of another person so much. I stopped eating Dairy products and it seems to have helped you out. You like to be swaddled when you don't feel good, and you like to sit with your Dad in your rocking chair and listen to music together. He is trying to instill in you a love for Tom Petty at an early age.

Every morning when we wake up, which can be anywhere from 5am to 8am, we sit in the living room and you nurse and I read a chapter of the Bible to you. Right now we're reading Matthew. I figured that the gospels were a good place for us to start. You went to church with us the last 2 Sundays and everyone thinks you are adorable, of course.

We've already been to the grocery store together, to Costco, to Target, and to mommys work to show you off to the girls. When you are in the car, you love to stare out the window at the world. If you get mad, you do NOT like pacifiers but you will suck on my or dad's pinkie. You are already in 0-3 month clothes and don't fit in most of your newborn ones already.

Your grandparents have all seen you and spent time with you except for your Nani and Baba, and Grandad and I-ene, your great grandparents. You are so loved... by me and Dad and everyone!

Love,

Mommy

4 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm so glad casons clothes are working out for you. The peace one was one of my favorites and i loved him in the sleep sacks. Something about them made him look so cute!!!

Alicia said...

He is just PERFECT! Congrats on being a new mommy and daddy!

Dina said...

I can't believe it's already been a month! He's so cute!

Jolee Burger said...

Julie, he is ADORABLE! I love his expressions. I know you are so enjoying getting to know him, and the fussy tummy phase should be over soon (although the way you talk about Jay ... maybe not?!).

May you have many happy motherhood moments!