Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Halloween

Well our plans got changed after Jay went all "brokeback mountain" on us. I keep saying that and I don't think he likes it. But I am of course referring to the fact that his back is messed up and not implying in any way that he is "a gay" as Nani says. We were supposed to go to my moms so we could see them and Peter, Amy, Sarah and their new baby Peter Jr. Sadly we woke up Saturday morning and Jay was in much worse pain and we quickly realized that he was in no shape to travel. So we decided to stay, and since I was sad at our canceled plans, I started to bake and the result is above!

Later that evening his back got worse, to the point where he couldn't put any weight on it and had to use Nani's walker that we had here in the garage. So we went to the ER and waited for 2 hours then Jay got the really good stuff. They pumped him full of muscle relaxers and pain meds and I could see him visibly melt into the bed. I have never seen him in such pain before! It was so scary!

Funny story: So one of the reasons we went to the ER is because Jay was so tensed up that he couldn't, ahem, "make water" as Baba would say. So after they doped him up, they wanted him to try to go. So I was in the room with him and he was all goofy and dopey after all the meds but Linc was done, and I mean done. By now it was 9pm and I needed to get him to bed. The nurse brought in a little urinal and I was worried that Jay was so out of it that he would need help using it, but I couldn't help him because Lincoln was having a wall eyed fit trying to jump out of my arms and pull all 896,000 cords right out of the wall. So in my crazy-eyed desperation I run out of his room and see his sweet ER nurse sitting there and blurt out, "Can you go help my husband pee?!?." She looked at me with an incredulous look, then I ran out with my squawking baby. Hah! Jay is going to kill me for posting this, but its funny! And for the record, he didn't need any help... Everything came out just fine.


After I ran home - I ran next door to our sweet neighbors and asked if one could come sit with Linc while I went back to the hospital to check on Jay. She did, and I put Linc down then went back to Jay. Luckily, they didn't find anything too serious and prescribed steroids, Ibuprofen, and lots of pain killers and told him to go home and see his doc on Monday. Phew!


So Sunday was Halloween and we just hung around the house and Jay slept mostly and I cooked and played with Linc. That evening we dressed Linc up in is super awesome dragon suit and went next door to give our neighbors some thank you cookies and cupcakes. As you can see he was not a big fan of the costume. He grabbed at it and tried to pull it off with all his might. Poor baby. So we took pity on him and took him back home and changed clothes - into his skeleton pj's for trick or treating.



He was much happier in those clothes, so we went out and hit about 4 houses. He loved it! Rang the doorbell, got the candy and enjoyed the whole outing! Jay wore his hottie t-shirt and the trick or treat pj pants I got him. Isn't he cute?



We gave out candy and even ate some chocolate when we got home. It was a great holiday even if it didn't go how we had planned.


No comments: